Julie Sumner comes to The Lydia Floyd Law Firm with over 18 years of experience in labor and employment law. Julie spent the first 13 years of her practice as a litigator with a firm in downtown Cleveland, where she represented employers in labor and employment cases involving claims of harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and workplace safety.
For the last six years, Julie has been advising business owners on a wide variety of employment and general business matters.
Julie brings her passion for empowering women, particularly women business owners, to The Lydia Floyd Law Firm. Julie focuses on:
- Helping individuals start their own businesses, including but not limited to creating an LLC, drafting operating agreements, terms and conditions, and other important legal documents that every new business owner needs;
- Providing general legal advice to business owners;
- Reviewing and negotiating non-competes, severance agreements, and compensation packages;
- Reviewing and/or creating handbooks;
- Assisting business owners with updating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with employment laws; and
- Advising on employment-related issues.
If you think Julie can be of help to you, give us a call today!